Who we are:
Helplink South is a non-profit making organisation with charitable status providing socially monitored alarms to the older person, persons with disabilities, or special needs and anyone living alone.
Our aim is to Restore confidence, independence and peace of mind and encourage people to remain in their own homes and be a member of their own community.
Helplink South provides a 24 hr service 7 days a week 365 days a year. We supply, install and maintain the socially monitored alarm and pendant. Simply by pressing the pendant which is worn around the clients neck or on their wrist, within seconds they are in contact with the monitoring station who’s team of professional caring operators will be able to make voice to voice contact, enabling them to reassure or send for whatever help is needed.
Who are we working with:
Public Health Nurses and Doctors
Providing peace of mind to people who are:
- discharged from hospital
- recovering from illness
- or living alone
Community Groups, Crime Prevention Officers, Local Gardai, Neighbourhood Watch
To help support people affected by crime or living in fear of crime and reduce fear of attack, isolation and loneliness.
For community alert, active retirement groups and other community groups, please contact us if you would like a free presentation from us on Keeping Our Elderly Safe In Their Homes.
Helplink South promotes regular contact with our clients through testing the pendant and staying in touch with them.
- Birthday call to client wishing them a “Happy Birthday”. This provides an opportunity to receive a test call and check client details
- 2 pendants can be monitored in the one home at no extra cost.
- Review calls are carried out periodically ensuring regular contact with the client
- Morning call facility available to client on request – suitable for clients who may have carers or family away from home for a period of time.
- There is a 24 hour response time for faults and maintenance. Our installer will visit the client’s home where the equipment is replaced or repaired.